LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
- Assist with various litigation-type matters, enforcement actions and investigations, including preparing litigation holds, maintaining litigation files, and coordinating and interfacing with outside counsel and different departments.
- Draft correspondence, agreements, pleadings and memoranda, including proofreading and editing drafts prepared by others.
- Assist with all aspects of discovery and subpoena responses including but not limited to creating and maintaining document databases; creating and maintaining document logs; coordinating document production; providing deposition management and support; coordinating logistical support arrangements for hearings and trials.
- Assist in-house counsel and outside counsel with legal and factual research;
- Work closely and coordinate with other departments to provide effective and timely legal services.
- Provide administrative support for Cabot’s counsel requiring strong grasp of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Identify and monitor pending legislation, cases and legal issues across multiple states that are of importance or potentially impactful to Cabot.
- Paralegal Certification or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 – 5 years of paralegal experience
- Experience in regulatory and environmental litigation and/or claims management preferred
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills as well as ability to produce independently with excellent results and accuracy
- Superior detail orientation, communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to handle pressure, long hours, multi-tasking, changing priorities, and interruptions
- Flexibility and ability to work extensive overtime and travel as needed
- Ability to handle confidential information and materials with care and discretion